ROTCGIS, Chapter One Hundred and Thirty Seven

 FlamingoBees 

Translating Chinese Historical Dramas for your enjoyment... and mine! :)

Home    :    Novels


Rebirth of the Charming Girl in Space

 Chapter 137: 

Exhausted


Constable Shen took the manuscripts, confused, and asked, "What are these?"


Mourong Lingran glanced at He Tangli and explained, "These are the drafts of the design. The drawings I gave Uncle He are the final versions. These are the intermediate stages, going through several revisions before reaching the final design."


Uncle He quickly grabbed the drawings of the furniture being crafted and compared them to the ones on the table. Constable Shen scrutinized them and noticed numerous corrections on the drafts. After counting again, he sneered, "He Tangli, care to explain?"


He Tangli wiped sweat from his forehead, stammering, "I... I..."


Mourong Lingran added, "I meticulously created the design. In case of any uncertainty, I made two copies of each drawing. I have another final version."


She took out another set of drawings from her bag and handed them to Constable Shen. After examining them, he returned the drawings carefully.


With the evidence piling up, it was clear what had happened.


"Seize He Tangli!" Constable Shen ordered, frustration evident in his tone.

© translations belonging to  flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com. If you read this somewhere else instead of flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com then the translations has been posted WITHOUT permission of translator.

He Tangli, realizing the gravity of the situation, watched helplessly as the constables bound him tightly. Tears streamed down his face, knowing that further protests were futile.


"Father, I was wrong. I was desperate for money and lost my way for a moment. Please plead for mercy on my behalf and ask them to forgive me. I promise never to do anything like this again, and I won't ask you for money anymore. Father, save me, please."


Uncle He remained silent, turning away with a stern face.


"Father, have you forgotten the words you said about taking care of me when I was little?" He Tangli pleaded desperately.


Uncle He coldly retorted, "Take care of you? Haven't I taken care of you enough? Since the moment you threw me out during my illness, our father-son relationship has come to an end."


"Are you anxious now? It's useless. When you falsely accused others, did you ever think about the consequences? How your actions would affect me once the truth came out?" Uncle He scolded, unfazed by his stepson's pleas.


"Father, are you really so heartless? Would you let me die without helping?" He Tangli expressed sorrow.


Constable Shen, indifferent to He Tangli's plight, remarked, "Why are you in such a hurry? It's not like your head will be chopped off immediately. It's just a false accusation. At most, the magistrate will give you a hundred lashes, and you'll be imprisoned for a few months. I'm not the reaper, after all."


"Moreover, even if they forgive you, there's still a charge of deceiving an official. Even if they pardon you, the law won't." Constable Shen continued, highlighting the gravity of He Tangli's situation.


He Tangli felt utterly hopeless.


Once Constable Shen finished speaking, he turned to Mourong Lingran and said, "Miss, it's been a disturbance today. We'll take our leave now."


Mourong Lingran agreed, "Yes, please go ahead."


As they left, the courtyard finally regained its tranquility. Uncle He felt a sense of unease and apologized, "I'm truly sorry. I always knew my stepson was unruly, but I never expected him to stoop so low.

© translations belonging to  flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com. If you read this somewhere else instead of flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com then the translations has been posted WITHOUT permission of translator.


•••


https://ko-fi.com/flamingobeestranslations


Prev   :   Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Novel List + Chapter Updates