ROTCGIS, One Hundred and Thirty Eight

 FlamingoBees 

Translating Chinese Historical Dramas for your enjoyment... and mine! :)

Home    :    Novels


Rebirth of the Charming Girl in Space

 Chapter 138: 

Collaboration


Mourong Lingran smiled dismissively, "No worries. He has already suffered the consequences, and I haven't lost anything."


Uncle He, however, still felt uneasy. If they hadn't coincidentally known Constable Shen, the outcome could have been their family being imprisoned. After a moment of contemplation, Uncle He made up his mind, "You were lucky this time. To make amends, I'll make all these furniture pieces for you free of charge."


He reached into his pocket to retrieve the deposit and return it to them. However, he realized he only had a few copper coins. He had used most of the money from the deposit to settle some debts recently and provide for his family during his illness. Embarrassed, he blushed and said, "Give me two days, and I'll gather the silver to repay you."


Mourong Lingran could sense his predicament and suggested, "Mr. He, if you find it difficult to return the deposit, why not do me a favor?"

© translations belonging to  flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com. If you read this somewhere else instead of flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com then the translations has been posted WITHOUT permission of translator.


Uncle He, burdened by financial constraints, was relieved at the possibility of compensating her in a different way. "Please, go ahead."


Mourong Lingran proposed, "Your craftsmanship is impressive, and with my designs, we could create extraordinary pieces. Let's collaborate. You contribute your skills, and I provide the designs. We can sell the products together. How about a 60-40 split? You take 60%, and I take 40%."


"Collaborate?" Uncle He inquired.


Mourong Lingran explained earnestly, "Your craftsmanship is excellent, and I have the talent for design. Besides furniture, I have expertise in various wooden crafts. You bring your skills, and I contribute the design. We can sell the products together. What do you think?"


Mourong Lingran, offering a fair deal, suggested, "Mr. He, you have impressive skills, and I've seen the potential in your craftsmanship. With my designs, we can create unique and sought-after pieces. Let's collaborate. I'll provide the designs, and you bring your skills. The profits can be split 60-40. What do you think?"


Uncle He, contemplating the offer, finally said, "This... I need to think about it. Considering my family's situation and my stepson..."


Ever since his illness, he had seen the true nature of his stepson. Expecting him to take care of him in his old age was impossible. The stepdaughter-in-law was kind, but she had a dominant mother-in-law. After the recent ordeal, Uncle He felt a desire for change. He continued, "You know my family's situation, especially my stepson..."


Mourong Lingran reassured him, "Don't worry, considering the lesson he learned today, he won't dare to trouble you easily, especially now that he's unlikely to come out anytime soon."


Uncle He, aware of his financial situation, felt a glimmer of hope. "If that's the case, then let's collaborate. I'll gather the silver for the deposit, and we can start this new venture."

© translations belonging to  flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com. If you read this somewhere else instead of flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com then the translations has been posted WITHOUT permission of translator.

•••


https://ko-fi.com/flamingobeestranslations


Prev   :   Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Novel List + Chapter Updates