Chapter 8 Scarlet Heart

 FlamingoBees 

Translating Chinese Historical Dramas for your enjoyment... and mine! :)


Home    :    Novels

Scarlet Heart 


 Chapter 8: 

(Qing Dynasty) Masterpiece, Best Quality, flat, Manga Scan, Anime, cinematic lighting, drawn Art, by Studio Trigger, cli... 

Days passed, and I began to find life incredibly monotonous. There were only a few things to do, and Jie Jie still treated me coldly. I had wandered through every corner of the residence countless times. I started to miss the extravagant lifestyle of Shenzhen, the wild friends, the bright lights, and the bustling nightlife—things that only men here could enjoy. I sat on a stone, facing the lake:


"Sigh!"


"Sigh!"


"Sigh!"



Suddenly, I heard Fourteenth Prince's voice, "I won!" Turning around, I saw Ninth, Tenth, and Fourteenth Princes standing behind me. I quickly stood up and greeted them. Tenth Prince said loudly, "Why do you keep sighing? Your sighs just cost me twenty taels of silver." Ninth Prince added, "And mine too."

© translations belonging to  flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com. If you read this somewhere else instead of flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com then the translations has been posted WITHOUT permission of translator.

I looked in confusion at Fourteenth Prince, who was laughing uncontrollably. He said, "We were betting on how many times you would sigh. Ninth Brother bet you wouldn't exceed twenty sighs, Tenth Brother bet you wouldn't exceed forty, and I bet you would exceed forty." I thought for a moment and asked, "Did I really sigh that many times?" All three of them said in unison, "Of course you did!" I pouted but said nothing.


Tenth Prince asked, "Why are you sighing?" Just as I was about to answer, Fourteenth Prince interjected, "Hold on, let's guess again. Another twenty taels." I laughed, "You're addicted to gambling!" Fourteenth Prince urged, "Ninth Brother, you go first!" Ninth Prince waved his hand, "I can't guess. You two go ahead." Tenth Prince scrutinized my face and said, "Boredom." Fourteenth Prince laughed, "Looks like I'll only earn forty taels today. I also guess it's boredom."


I shook my head firmly and said, "It's not boredom!" 


Both of them were stunned, looking at me in confusion. Tenth Prince asked, "Then what is it?" 


I replied seriously, "It's extreme, extreme, extreme boredom!" After I said that, all four of us burst into laughter.


Fourteenth Prince said, "Stop being bored. The Mid-Autumn Festival is coming up, and there will be a banquet in the palace!" 


I calculated the days and said, "It's already almost Mid-Autumn!" Then I asked, "Are you going to see the Prince?" 


Tenth Prince replied, "Yes! But Minister Yao is in the study. I don't want to see that noisy old man, so we're wandering around the garden first." 


I thought for a moment and said, "How about I join you to pay respects to the Prince later?" 


Fourteenth Prince raised an eyebrow and said, "Showing goodwill without reason is either a sign of guilt or ill intent!" I glared at him but said nothing.


When we entered the study, Eighth Prince saw me coming in with the three princes. He didn't show any special expression, just smiled and motioned for me to sit. I smiled and said, "I won't take long. I'll stand and say my piece." 

© translations belonging to  flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com. If you read this somewhere else instead of flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com then the translations has been posted WITHOUT permission of translator.

He leaned back in his chair, casually playing with a jade ring, smiling as he said, "I can't help you with this. The one who tied the knot must untie it." 


I was taken aback and dejectedly bowed, "Ruoxi takes her leave." 


He smiled, "Go ahead." I turned and left the study.


As I walked, I thought to myself, with no help from the reinforcements, it looks like I have to rely on myself. When I got back to my room, Jie Jie was still in the prayer room. I paced around my room, thinking about what to say. Just then, Jie Jie came in. She saw me pacing but didn't say anything, just went and reclined on the couch. I quickly sat next to her. 


After a long silence, I said softly, "When our mother passed, I was just born. Growing up, all I knew was Father calling me 'the troublemaker.' Aunt disliked my mischief. Although some of my siblings were somewhat kind to me, they weren't born from the same mother. Only you, Jie Jie, we share the same womb. You've always been kind to me. Whenever I was wrong, no matter if you scolded or hit me, I always listened. But now you're ignoring me... I... I..." As I spoke, thinking I might never see my parents again, and feeling genuinely upset about Jie Jie's recent coldness, tears welled up in my eyes. I began to cry and couldn't speak.


Hearing this, Jie Jie's tears also started to fall. She sat up and hugged me. We held each other and cried for a while. Finally, with the urging of Qiaohui and Dongyun, we slowly stopped crying.


Jie Jie wiped her tears with a handkerchief and said, "You must change this fiery temper of yours. Otherwise, you won't even know how you lost your life." After a pause, she continued, "Do you think Guo Luo Luo's Mingyu Gege is easy to deal with? If it weren't for the Prince covering for you, neither the legitimate wife nor the Guo Luo Luo family would have let you off." Hearing this and seeing how upset Jie Jie was, I could only nod in agreement.

・・・

Since that day when we cried together, Jie Jie's anger finally subsided, and she treated me with even more warmth and care. With the Mid-Autumn Festival approaching and the legitimate wife being unwell, Jie Jie was still the one managing the household affairs for the festival, keeping herself busy every day. With the knot in my heart untied, my mood improved significantly, and I resumed my life as a carefree noblewoman. 


The happiest development was that, ever since I complained about boredom in front of the Tenth and Fourteenth Princes, they occasionally sent over some interesting little trinkets. These gifts alleviated much of my boredom, and I constantly wondered what they would send next. The maids in the house were all excited, and the room was often filled with laughter and chatter.

© translations belonging to  flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com. If you read this somewhere else instead of flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com then the translations has been posted WITHOUT permission of translator.

•••



Prev  :  TOC :  Next


https://ko-fi.com/flamingobeestranslations

https://twitter.com/FlamingoBee2009

Thank You For Reading <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Novel List + Chapter Updates