303 ROTCGIS

 FlamingoBees 

Translating Chinese Historical Dramas for your enjoyment... and mine! :)

Home    :    Novels


Rebirth of the Charming Girl in Space

 Chapter 303: 

Stubbornly Unyielding


Murong Liang coldly glanced at him, "If I had known, why bother in the first place."


Chen Deyi looked at Madam Liu again, but Madam Liu couldn't help it. Li Zhuang had made a decision, and he had never liked her. How could she, a woman, go against it?


Seeing that no one was helping them, Chen Deyi clenched his fists in anger. He understood that continuing to argue would only make him lose face. He could only leave with a harsh declaration, "Fine, if you want us to leave, we'll leave. It's just a small village; I don't care. If we're not welcome here, we'll move to the city immediately!"


Madam Wu hurriedly held her husband back, "Do we really have to leave?"

© translations belonging to  flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com. If you read this somewhere else instead of flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com then the translations has been posted WITHOUT permission of translator.

"Others are coming to drive us away. If we stay here, what's the point? Don't worry, we have money. I'll take you to the city to enjoy life."


After saying that, he went back to the room to pack things. Mrs. Wu, with no other choice, followed him to pack.


After a while, Zhuang Qinghe watched as Chen Deyi's family of six left the boundaries of Lihua Village before returning home.


Chen Deyi had been paying attention to what was happening behind him. When he saw Zhuang Qinghe and his group leaving, he finally dared to speak to Mrs. Chen who came to see them off.


"Younger sister, how did I treat you before you got married? And how do you treat me now? We agreed that we would stay at your place until the house was built. Look at me now, like a dog fallen into the water. I've never been so embarrassed in my life."


Mrs. Wu also complained, "Exactly, you haven't been back in years. As soon as you return, you ask for money. We treated you and your family to good food and drinks in Donghai Prefecture for quite some time. In the end, we even generously gave you fifty taels of silver. We just wanted to stay in your house for a while. Is this such an unreasonable request? Do you still consider us family?"


Chen Lianlian added, "Yes, Aunt, look at my brother now. After suffering such a serious injury, he was still driven out. If something happens on the road, it's our lives on the line."


Hearing their complaints, Mrs. Chen said displeasedly, "Lianlian, how can you speak to your aunt like this? If it weren't for you and your brother not understanding the rules, sneaking in to eat other people's things, would you have been driven out? Now you blame me. Why don't you reflect on your own behavior?"

“How... how was I supposed to know they would become so stingy? I remember back when we were in the Imperial Medical Institute, my brother and I used to casually take their food, and they never said a word about it," Chen Lianlian muttered softly.


Mrs. Chen frowned, "I've already told you that we've separated from them. I informed you about the incident Murong Qi plotted against their family last time and told you that they are different now. I wanted you to consider carefully before speaking, so as not to get upset."


"They don't even give face to the Old Madam now. You insisted on trying your luck by visiting them, and now, the whole village knows that my own brother's family came and stole on the second day. It tarnished my reputation. I haven't held you accountable yet, and you have the nerve to question me?"


"Enough," Chen Deyi frowned. "Little sister, why are you angry at a child? Today's incident was my lack of consideration. After all, Murong Zhe treated Murong Qi well before. I didn't expect the relationship between your two families to be so tense, especially that dead girl Murong Lingran. Her heart is even harder than a stone. She doesn't give any face to me and your sister-in-law. After all, we are her elders."

© translations belonging to  flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com. If you read this somewhere else instead of flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com then the translations has been posted WITHOUT permission of translator.

•••


https://ko-fi.com/flamingobeestranslations


Prev  :   Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Novel List + Chapter Updates