Chapter 29 ROTNDOAHRF

 FlamingoBees 

Translating Chinese Historical Dramas for your enjoyment... and mine! :)


Home    :    Novels

Rebirth of the Noble Daughter of a High Ranking Family 


 Chapter 29: 

A Storm Suddenly Erupted

  

Ouyang Nuan watched Zhou Yiniang quietly, her gaze carrying a hint of coldness. Zhou Yiniang had never interacted with her since entering the house. Back when Ouyang Nuan couldn't see through Madam Lin's malicious intentions, she had even joined in ridiculing Zhou Yiniang. Why would she suddenly come to her for help now? No wonder she was suspicious; anyone in this household could be an enemy, requiring utmost caution. 


With this in mind, Ouyang Nuan decided not to ask Zhou Yiniang to rise. Instead, she said calmly, "Zhou Yiniang, you're mistaken. Whenever there's an issue in this household, you should first inform the Mama in the courtyard, so she can report to Madam. Now that Madam is ill, you should go find Li Yiniang. Why did you come to me?"


"Miss, I've already plead with Li Yiniang, but she dares not intervene on my behalf. Now, I can't see Master or Old Madam either. I had no choice but to pluck up the courage to beg you. If you refuse to help me, I'll throw myself off this artificial mountain!" Zhou Yiniang stood up straight, staring firmly at the bluestone floor beneath her feet, her voice filled with unmistakable determination.


"That's not how you should put it. The ground is cold. Yiniang, you should get up and talk first," Ouyang Nuan said, although her mind raced with countless thoughts in an instant.


"No! If Miss doesn't agree, I won't get up!" Zhou Yiniang's gaze carried a resolute determination, causing Ouyang Nuan to change her mind. "Hongyu, go help Yiniang up!" she instructed her maid.

© translations belonging to  flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com. If you read this somewhere else instead of flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com then the translations has been posted WITHOUT permission of translator.

Zhou Yiniang had lost two children years ago, and she couldn't shake the suspicion that Lin Yiniang was somehow involved. Therefore, she considered herself an enemy of Lin Yiniang. The fact that Li Yiniang dared not comply with her request suggested a connection with the madam of the house. When it came to causing trouble for Lin Yiniang, Ouyang Nuan was more than willing to step in.


Zhou Yiniang still refused to stand up, but she was forcibly lifted by Hongyu and Changpu. She stared at Changpu with wide eyes, feeling both surprised and relieved. When did Miss have such a strange maid with boundless strength? Nevertheless, she felt somewhat reassured. Since Ouyang Nuan was willing to listen to her, she wouldn't ignore her plea. Even if Ouyang Nuan didn't dare to intervene directly, the news would surely reach Old Madam or Master, which would be beneficial to her without causing any harm.


"Miss, today I risked my life to break out of the courtyard. Normally, I wouldn't dare to trouble you with the dirty matters of the backyard, but I had no choice but to come here when I had no other way out. Now that things have come to this, I won't hide anything from you. Half a month ago, I felt unwell and reported it to the stewardess, Cui Mama, begging her to ask Madam to summon a doctor. After the doctor examined me, he congratulated me joyfully, saying I was pregnant. However, when he reported this to Madam, she had another doctor come to diagnose me. This doctor hesitated and said I didn't have a pregnancy pulse, just gastrointestinal discomfort, and gave me a prescription to regulate it. I was suspicious, so I secretly had Huan'er take it outside the manor to get it checked. It turns out that the prescription contained safflower, which induces abortion in women... Master has always been lacking in heirs, and everyone in the manor is eagerly anticipating the birth of a child. I thought Madam wouldn't be so cruel, so I pleaded with Cui Mama to let me see Master, but since that day, she has confined me to the courtyard. She even spread rumors outside that I was sick and shouldn't be exposed to the wind. She even blocked Master from coming to my courtyard, and she wouldn't let me see anyone else. When I refused to take the medicine they sent, Cui Mama ridiculed and oppressed me. If it weren't for Huan'er risking her life to stop Cui Mama, I wouldn't have been able to escape!"

© translations belonging to  flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com. If you read this somewhere else instead of flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com then the translations has been posted WITHOUT permission of translator.

As soon as Zhou Yiniang spoke, Ouyang Nuan understood. Zhou Yiniang's status in the manor was already low, and lately, she hadn't been favored much. However, she managed to seize one of the rare opportunities to become pregnant, which undoubtedly fueled Madam Lin's jealousy and resentment. It was not surprising that Madam Lin concealed the pregnancy and then confined her. However... since Lin had confined her, she would naturally have a thousand ways to terminate the pregnancy. Yet here she was, still able to keep the child until today, which indicated she was quite a cunning character. Moreover, breaking through Lin's blockade and escaping was not something easily achievable without some degree of cunning. Of course, now that the stewardship was under Old Madam Li's control, whether there was any instigation from her remains to be seen...


"The harassment and mistreatment from the people in the courtyard are nothing new, but recently they've gone too far. They even deliberately placed ice blocks at my door. If I hadn't been careful, I fear the child in my belly would have been harmed long ago. It's not about me, but I can't help but think how disappointed Master would be if he knew..."

© translations belonging to  flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com. If you read this somewhere else instead of flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com then the translations has been posted WITHOUT permission of translator.

Whether Ouyang Zhi would be disappointed or not was not Ouyang Nuan's concern at all. With a slight smile, she interrupted Zhou Yiniang, saying, "Zhou Yiniang, although I am the young mistress of the Ouyang family, I shouldn't meddle in matters concerning my father's inner courtyard. It's pointless for you to tell me these things. Moreover, you're accusing my mother. How can I, a younger generation, dare to criticize my elders? As I said earlier, now that household affairs are managed by Madam Li, if you need help, you should go to her. Hongyu, let's go."


Ignoring Zhou Yiniang's plea, Ouyang Nuan gestured to leave with Fang Mama and the maids.


Seeing Ouyang Nuan about to leave, Zhou Yiniang's eyes reddened with urgency. She didn't know how much effort it took to meet the young mistress. If she couldn't seize this opportunity to persuade her for help, then after returning, Madam Lin would definitely intensify the torment. Despite secretly discarding the food they sent, she was always under their watchful eyes. She might be able to evade detection temporarily, but how long could she protect the child?


Zhou Yiniang hurriedly reached out to grab Ouyang Nuan's skirt, but her hand was caught by Changpu: "Don't touch Miss!"


Changpu, with her almond-shaped eyes widened, was very serious.


Despite her small stature, she possessed boundless strength, causing Zhou Yiniang to cry out in pain. Ouyang Nuan gently said, "Changpu, do not be disrespectful!"

© translations belonging to  flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com. If you read this somewhere else instead of flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com then the translations has been posted WITHOUT permission of translator.

Fang Mama hurried forward to examine Zhou Yiniang's wrist, which had turned red. She couldn't help but glare at Changpu, who shrank back, indicating her innocence.


Zhou Yiniang, ignoring the pain, continued to kneel and plead desperately: "Miss, I beg you, I've already pleaded with Mistress Li, but she claims to be powerless to help! If it weren't for desperation, I would never come to beg you! You're the only one in this mansion who can help me! Please, save me and my child! I'm willing to serve you for the rest of my life! Please, save me!" With that, she banged her head hard on the ground, the loud sound sending shivers down everyone's spine.


Changpu rolled up her sleeves, ready to assist, but Zhou Yiniang was frightened and backed away, allowing Hongyu to step forward and help her. 


However, Zhou Yiniang remained adamant, refusing to get up and banging her head on the ground desperately. 


As more people gathered in the garden, Ouyang Nuan looked on with a cold smile. This woman was indeed not to be underestimated. She pleaded in front of everyone, and if Ouyang Nuan refused to help, it might damage her reputation. 


She calmly said, "I'm going to see grandmother. Come with me." Zhou Yiniang was overjoyed and staggered to her feet, ignoring the bruises on her forehead from knocking against the ground. She thanked Ouyang Nuan profusely. Ouyang Nuan smirked inwardly, thinking, 'I've granted your wish. Now, let's see what you can do.'

© translations belonging to  flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com. If you read this somewhere else instead of flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com then the translations has been posted WITHOUT permission of translator.

•••



https://ko-fi.com/flamingobeestranslations


Prev  :  TOC :  Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Novel List + Chapter Updates