ROTCGIS, Chapter Two Hundred and Twenty Seven

 FlamingoBees 

Translating Chinese Historical Dramas for your enjoyment... and mine! :)

Home    :    Novels


Rebirth of the Charming Girl in Space

 Chapter 227: 

Helpless Love


Murong Qing quickly followed the instructions, and soon enough, Mrs. Chen woke up with a despondent look on her face.


Seeing Murong Xue by her side, she hugged her despairingly, crying bitterly, "My poor daughter, how did you end up with such a father? Isn't he pushing you to your death?"

© translations belonging to  flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com. If you read this somewhere else instead of flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com then the translations has been posted WITHOUT permission of translator.


"Big brother, I know I was wrong. I won't dare again. Please help me this time. I promise I won't make such a mistake again. I... I heard that you're delivering vegetables for Shunxin Tavern now, and business is good. You must have the money to help me, right?"


Murong Lingran said with a stern face, "Little uncle, who told you that?"


Murong Qi looked at Murong Xue.


Nervously, Murong Xue explained, "It was... me. When I entered the city, I went to Shunxin Tavern, and as the neice of the eldest uncle, I informed him of our family's situation. Is there anything wrong with that?"


Murong Lingran sneered, "How did you know that Shunxin Tavern is one of the customers for our family?"


"Shunxin Tavern delivers food, and I saw it when I used to watch Uncle," Murong Xue explained.


"Little uncle, does the tavern owner know that you're the younger brother of the eldest uncle?" Murong Lingran asked.


Murong Qi's eyes flickered, understanding that if he lied, the truth would be revealed when they checked. He had to tell the truth, "After what A’Xue told me, I expressed my identity to the tavern owner and delicately mentioned wanting him to pay me a bit more. But he didn't listen. He said he was just working for the owner and earned every penny with hard work. He didn't have that much money and asked me to go home and find the eldest uncle for help. I hesitated for a long time, so I just came back now."


Murong Zhe coldly smiled, "Little brother, did you think I'm the same big brother I was before? Will I unconditionally clean up your mess? Did you know that when you owed a hundred taels, I stopped because you didn't intend to ask me for help. You thought I wouldn't notice that you only came to me after hearing about my recent vegetable sales. You believed you could play such a big game."


"Murong Qi, I tell you, I did earn a bit of money recently, but it's just the hard-earned allowance for my three sons. Compared to your two thousand taels of debt, it's like a drop in the bucket. I can't help you."


Desperately, Murong Qi pleaded, "Big brother, won't you help me? They only gave me three days, and they know where I live. If I can't gather the money, A’Xue will really be sold to a brothel."


"And my legs will be cut off; I really have no way out. A’Xue is the niece you watched grow up, and you raised her with so much effort. Can you really bear to see her die?"


Murong Zhe closed his eyes and, when he opened them again, uttered four words, "Can't help, but love."


"Big brother!" Murong Qi howled in despair.


Excited, Madam Liu said, "Murong Zhe, he is your only brother, and A’Xue is your niece. Are you really going to watch them die with your own eyes?"

© translations belonging to  flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com. If you read this somewhere else instead of flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com then the translations has been posted WITHOUT permission of translator.

•••


https://ko-fi.com/flamingobeestranslations


Prev  :   Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Novel List + Chapter Updates