ROTCGIS, Chapter Two Hundred and Twenty Five

 FlamingoBees 

Translating Chinese Historical Dramas for your enjoyment... and mine! :)

Home    :    Novels


Rebirth of the Charming Girl in Space

 Chapter 225: 

Selling to a Brothel to Pay Debts


Murong Qi suddenly knelt in front of his big brother, pitifully pleading, "Big brother, you must help me. Otherwise, I'll really have no choice but to die."


His Big brother had unwittingly acquired over twenty acres of land. At the moment, he didn't even have one acre.


Over twenty acres of land could be considered a small landlord. It was said that the money he made from selling vegetables every day could cover his humble little brother's yearly income.

© translations belonging to  flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com. If you read this somewhere else instead of flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com then the translations has been posted WITHOUT permission of translator.


He now regretted it deeply. Back then, he was blinded by arrogance, overconfident that his disabled big brother couldn't possibly be better than him.


Otherwise, their family's current life might not be as luxurious as before, but it would certainly not be much worse than when his brother was an Imperial Physician.


Madam Liu, seeing her beloved second son kneeling, couldn't help but complain, "Second, why are you kneeling? Even I, an illiterate, know that a man's knees are made of gold. How can you kneel casually?"


Murong Liang fiercely stared at her, "You're everywhere! Gold? Where's the gold? Find it for me! If you can help him solve this, let him get up. Don't beg the eldest! The eldest is the head of the family, him kneeling is only right! Even if he kneels to death, it's well-deserved!"


Madam Liu grunted reluctantly, only keeping silent. However, she glared at Murong Zhe fiercely. The meaning in her eyes was clear: he's your brother, you're the big brother, you should let him get up.


Murong Zhe, seeing him kneel, didn't feel much. He had raised him for half his life; he could bear this one kneel.


Ignoring Madam Liu's malicious gaze, he frowned and said, "You're in your forties. Can crying solve the problem? Just speak up. Don't pretend here. The younger generation is watching; you don't feel ashamed? I'm busy. If you don't speak directly, I'll leave."


Murong Qi quickly wiped away the tears on his face and said anxiously, "Big brother, don't leave. I'll tell you. I... It seems I've caused trouble."


"What trouble?"


"I... I..." Murong Qi, looking embarrassed, glanced at his several nephews and nieces. He knew it was impossible to ask them to leave, so he could only force himself to say, "Big brother, as you know, I work as a waiter at Shunxin Restaurant. Yesterday, the business was bad. Someone I work with took me to a gambling den to gamble. I... I lost and ended up owing a lot of debt."


Murong Zhe stood up in surprise, raising his voice, "What? Can't you earn thousands of taels a month? Don't you know that's a place that devours people without spitting out bones? How could you dare to go to a gambling den?"


"Big brother," Murong Qi quickly grabbed his robes at the leg, panicking, "I know I shouldn't have gone. I already know I was wrong, but the mistake has been made. It's useless to say anything now. Please help me. The people at the gambling den said if I don't repay the money within three days, they will not only take my legs but also sell my eldest daughter to a brothel to pay off the debt."


Murong Xue had just found out, but hearing it from her father's mouth again made her body shiver even more.


Murong Lingran glanced coldly at the panic-stricken Murong Xue and suddenly spoke, "Uncle, how did the gambling den know you have a daughter?"


"Yeah." Murong Zhe thought of something, his face showing an expression of disbelief. "Murong Qi, could it be..."


"Yes." Murong Qi cried, "Yesterday, my luck was good throughout, although I lost my money halfway, the gambling den lent me money, and I quickly turned things around. However, I made a mistake later, causing me to lose all the money I had won."

© translations belonging to  flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com. If you read this somewhere else instead of flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com then the translations has been posted WITHOUT permission of translator.

•••


https://ko-fi.com/flamingobeestranslations


Prev  :   Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Novel List + Chapter Updates