ROTCGIS, Chapter Two Hundred and Sixteen

 FlamingoBees 

Translating Chinese Historical Dramas for your enjoyment... and mine! :)

Home    :    Novels


Rebirth of the Charming Girl in Space

 Chapter 216: 

 Twisted Waist


Innkeeper Huang frowned, "Is everything you said true?"


Filled with regret, Du couldn't believe Murong Lingran was actually a customer of the inn. Anxiously, she swore, "Innkeeper, everything I said is true. If I'm lying, let my whole family be struck by lightning."


Uncertain, Innkeeper Huang hesitated. If what she said was true, it meant she was acting in the interest of the inn. It wouldn't be easy to take action without seeming unreasonable.

© translations belonging to  flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com. If you read this somewhere else instead of flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com then the translations has been posted WITHOUT permission of translator.


Seeing Innkeeper Huang's dilemma, Murong Lingran had no choice but to explain her true purpose for being there today.


"I arrived in the city late because my mother is still lying in the medical clinic. As a daughter, I cannot ignore the reason for her illness. Just now, Mrs. Du mentioned that she cleaned this room yesterday. So, I wanted her to truthfully admit whether she intentionally poured water out of the window."


Innkeeper Huang suddenly understood. He had wondered why she stayed in the city so late, risking being unable to return home before the gates closed.


"You say she's the one who did it?" Innkeeper Huang asked staring at Mrs. Du sternly.


Mrs. Du was about to deny it, thinking that without her admission, Murong Lingran wouldn't be any evidence. However, Heliang Rongjiu spoke up, "I heard this lady admit it when I was in the next room."


Shock and shame flashed across Mrs. Du's face. She didn't realize that her words were heard.


Murong Lingran raised an eyebrow, surprised that they had been in the adjacent room the whole time.


Innkeeper Huang questioned Mrs. Du with a stern look, "Did you pour water out of the window?"


With some hesitation, Du realized denying it wouldn't work. Hanging her head, she admitted, "Yes, after the noon customers left, I wiped the tables and chairs. But, feeling unwell, I lacked strength. After cleaning the tables and chairs, I wanted to take it easy and poured the water out of the window. But, I really didn't know it would make her mother ill."


Innkeeper Huang knew Du's words might not be entirely truthful, but even if he pressed further, the result wouldn't differ much from what they already thought. He looked apologetically at Murong Lingran, "Miss Murong, it's my negligence in not managing my staff properly. If you say the word, I'll have her leave immediately."


Mrs. Du frowned, regretting that she had underestimated Murong Lingran's determination. She would not have poured water if she knew this girl would find her again. 


Yes, it was intentional. She had fallen into her current situation because of those embroidery women.


Anticipating that pleading would yield the same result as last time, Mrs. Du grit her teeth and glared at Murong Lingran, "Humph, no need for your interference. I'll leave on my own."


Tossing her greasy apron to the side, Mrs. Du took a step towards the door. However, in her haste, she stepped on the greasy apron she had just thrown, slipped, and fell flat on her back, her vision filled with stars.


"Ah!" Mrs. Du let out a miserable cry. Attempting to get up, she suddenly felt a sharp pain in her waist, crying out again, "Ah! My waist, my waist is twisted! My waist!"


Innkeeper Huang, witnessing her unruly behavior in front of guests, coldly instructed, "Zhang San, Li Si, throw her out!"


Mrs Du's face turned pale from the pain. She forced a smile and raised her head, "Innkeeper Huang, I was wrong. Please, take me to the clinic. My waist is twisted. If you throw me out like this, I might end up dead on the street tomorrow."

© translations belonging to  flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com. If you read this somewhere else instead of flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com then the translations has been posted WITHOUT permission of translator.

•••


https://ko-fi.com/flamingobeestranslations


Prev  :   Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Novel List + Chapter Updates