ROTCGIS, Chapter Two Hundred and Eleven

 FlamingoBees 

Translating Chinese Historical Dramas for your enjoyment... and mine! :)

Home    :    Novels


Rebirth of the Charming Girl in Space

 Chapter 211: 

 Stay


With so many brothers, they couldn't just marry anyone casually. If they were to marry someone, it had to be someone who wouldn't look down on their father and younger siblings. However, finding such a person was likely challenging.


Murong Zhe had injuries on his hands, making life inconvenient. If Murong Zong were to marry, it had to be someone who wouldn't mind his condition and the presence of his younger siblings. Unfortunately, such people were rare.


Xiao Man'an sighed, "Eight or nine out of ten things in life don't go as planned. The three thousand taels of breach-of-contract money can be saved up by staying at Xiuzhuang for three years. No, it won't even take three years. Why spend extra money?"


"But don't you feel wronged?" Murong Zhe frowned.


"How could I feel wronged? It's all voluntary. I've chosen this path, even if I have to cry, I will walk it willingly."


© translations belonging to  flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com. If you read this somewhere else instead of flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com then the translations has been posted WITHOUT permission of translator.


Murong Zhe wanted to say something more, but Murong Lingran smiled and said, "Father, it's my fault for discussing future matters when the money is not yet already saved. Since Mother insists, let's listen to Mother for now."


Xiao Man'an glanced at her husband and children, sighing, "Actually, you don't need to worry about me. I'm living quite well at Xiuzhuang. Although it can be tiring at times due to rush jobs, it's not as exhausting as living with Murong Qi and the others before. I wake up every day with everyone, and there's ready-to-eat food."


"I don't have to cook three meals a day for a large family, nor do I have to wash dishes. I don't have to think about getting along with younger siblings and neighbors, let alone dealing with the old lady and the old master at home. The most tiring thing I do every day is probably washing my own clothes."


"Recently, every time A’Ran comes to see me, she brings money and delicious food. I haven't treated myself unfairly. If I want to eat something, I ask someone to buy it for me. Life is quite comfortable."


"I know you all think I'm pitiful because I got sick this time, but I really don't feel sorry for myself. In this life, these days are already good enough. I'm already satisfied."


She spoke the truth. Although working at Xiuzhuang could be physically demanding, it wasn't as troublesome as living with Madam Liu and Murong Qi. She felt content despite the guilt of making her daughter take care of the family at such a young age.


Regarding her little daughter, she could only compensate her for the neglect after three years. After all, her daughter was only thirteen then, with a few more years before marriage. She still had time to make amends.


Murong Zhe frowned, pondering for a moment. He felt that both his daughter and wife had some valid points. Helpless, he said, "Since you put it that way, let's listen to you for now."


If it weren't for The Embroidery willing to give them fifty taels of life-saving money a few months ago, A’Ran wouldn't even know the current situation. If his wife suddenly left The Embroidery, it would indeed cause some problems.


Xiao Man'an smiled, "Thank you, husband."


Still unwell, and having spoken so much just now, Xiao Man'an fell asleep again, looking exhausted.


Seeing that it was already late, Murong Zhe instructed, "There's still business at home; you all should go back. With Father here, it'll be fine. Based on your mother's current condition, a good rest for a day or two should be enough for a complete recovery. Xiuzhuang won't send someone to take care of her. Let's return in two days."


The children glanced at each other. Since their mother's condition had stabilized, and being male, there wasn't much they could do to help. It made more sense for them to go back.


Murong Lingran spoke up, "Father, I'll stay here with you. As a woman, it's more convenient for me to take care of Mother."

© translations belonging to  flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com. If you read this somewhere else instead of flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com then the translations has been posted WITHOUT permission of translator.

•••


https://ko-fi.com/flamingobeestranslations


Prev  :   Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Novel List + Chapter Updates