Chapter 22 ROTNDOAHRF

 FlamingoBees 

Translating Chinese Historical Dramas for your enjoyment... and mine! :)


Home    :    Novels

Rebirth of the Noble Daughter of a High Ranking Family 


 Chapter 22: 

The Second Miss, Who Can Correct Her Mistakes 


Wang Mama hurriedly came over to hold onto Miss Ouyang Ke. "Second Miss, Madam had already thought of a plan. When the Master arrives, she will ask him to see your injury. At that time, you just need to lie in bed and say you hit your head, that the injury is severe. Even if the servant who bumped into you doesn't die, they will still be punished severely. The Master will also think that Miss did it intentionally. But with your behavior today, who will believe you were injured? If Madam didn't want cover for you, she wouldn't have fainted in front of everyone. Now, the Old Madam will have even more excuse to hold onto her power and not return it!"


"I don't care! She refused to leave the door until I forgave her. I just couldn't stand the way she acted! Now, everyone in this mansion respects and fears her. She's the esteemed eldest daughter of the Ouyang family, but what am I? If my mother was a concubine, does that make me less worthy than her? The servants gossip behind my back, saying my mother was a low-born woman, and that I, as the second miss, am worthless! Do you know that? It wasn't like this before! It wasn't!" Ouyang Ke suddenly erupted, leaving both Madam Lin and Wang Mama stunned.

© translations belonging to  flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com. If you read this somewhere else instead of flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com then the translations has been posted WITHOUT permission of translator.

Madam Lin was well aware of the quiet changes in the mansion. Ever since the Old Madam took a liking to Ouyang Nuan, she swiftly dealt with a group of people, which only made the servants fear the eldest daughter even more. Behind closed doors, they whispered that the second miss was nothing compared to the legitimate daughters of other noble families, insinuating that she was born of a concubine. 


Madam Lin hadn't realized that these rumors had reached Ouyang Ke's ears. She could feel Ouyang Ke's discontent. She herself had once felt restricted in the Marquis's mansion. After becoming the mistress of the Ouyang household, Madam Lin thought the past was behind her. But now, with Ouyang Nuan out of her control and Ouyang Ke seemingly reverting to her former self, or perhaps someone even more difficult to deal with, Madam Lin felt at a loss. 


Ouyang Nuan used to be honest, reserved, gentle, and kind, but she was nowhere near as shrewd and cunning as Ouyang Ke. Now suddenly, she excelled in everything compared to Ouyang Ke. How could her daughter accept that? 


Madam Lin hugged Ouyang Ke tightly. "Ke'er, listen to me," she said softly. Ouyang Ke gradually stopped crying and became limp in her mother's embrace. Madam Lin brushed her daughter's swollen eyes, feeling heartbroken. "I only regret one thing: being deceived by Ouyang Nuan's facade. I should have exposed her long ago. It's my fault for not realizing it sooner. But don't worry, Ke'er. I will help you seek revenge soon. She won't be arrogant for long!"


Madam Lin's eyes gleamed with a fierce light, and Ouyang Ke couldn't help but feel a bit scared as she looked at her mother's face. "Mother, what are you planning to do?"

© translations belonging to  flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com. If you read this somewhere else instead of flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com then the translations has been posted WITHOUT permission of translator.

Madam Lin could see clearly but didn't respond. From today's incident, she realized that Ke'er couldn't control her temper. Despite instructing her to stay in bed and not move, she was easily provoked by Ouyang Nuan's few words. 


The important plan couldn't be revealed to her for now, lest it be ruined. So, she softened her tone and changed the subject, "Ke'er, I'm doing this for your own good. You must remember my words. You're talented and intelligent, how could you be inferior to Ouyang Nuan? You should put more effort into music, chess, calligraphy, and painting. I don't believe that Ouyang Nuan is better than you at everything. You have to surpass her. Being competent in the mansion is nothing. In the future, when I take you out to meet guests, everyone will see how outstanding my daughter is! I will let the world know that besides being the Ouyang family's eldest daughter, she is inferior to you in everything."


Ouyang Ke nodded with tears in her eyes, breaking free from Wang Mama's embrace and wiping her eyes, "Yes! Wang Mama, please assist me in freshening up."


"Ke'er?"


"I heard Father's words. I want to apologize to her. I want people to know that I can also be magnanimous!" 


Madam Lin nodded, "Good, my Ke'er finally understands what I mean."

//

Ouyang Nuan was practicing calligraphy in the room when the senior maid Zilin came in to report that the Second Miss had arrived.


The voices from outside had already reached their ears, causing a slight curve to Ouyang Nuan's lips. She glanced at Hongyu, signaling her to go out and accompany Wenshuo. After lingering for a while, she finally stepped out of the room.


"Sister!"


"Why did you come, little sister?"


As soon as Ouyang Ke saw Ouyang Nuan coming out, she hurried forward and began to explain nervously, "Mother found out about my misbehavior, she was furious and fell ill again. She scolded me severely and asked me to come and apologize to you. I was so disoriented from the blow that I said something wrong and offended you. Sister, you are magnanimous, please forgive me this time."

© translations belonging to  flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com. If you read this somewhere else instead of flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com then the translations has been posted WITHOUT permission of translator.

Seeing Ouyang Ke lowering herself as if to kneel down while surrounded by so many maids, Ouyang Nuan quickly glanced at Hongyu. Hongyu promptly stepped forward and supported Ouyang Ke's arm, lifting her up, and said, "Second Miss, what nonsense is this about getting angry and offending? Eldest Miss hasn't even mentioned it to anyone!"


"Hongyu is right. I thought my sister had something important to discuss. At that time, I didn't pay much attention to the incident. It was all because of Baihe's carelessness that you were bumped into. Luckily, you weren't seriously injured. You were just impulsive, there's no need to apologize specially for it." 


Ouyang Nuan looked at Ouyang Ke's expression, sneering inwardly. If you were really here to apologize, why make such a fuss outside? It's just to let everyone know you're here. If you had knelt down like that, people who didn't know the truth would think I was bullying you!


"Second Miss, don't stand outside. Come inside." Wenshu and Zilin also persuaded her. Only then did Ouyang Ke enter the room. Hongyu helped her sit down and then returned to stand behind Ouyang Nuan.


Ouyang Nuan comforted, "After you go back, please persuade Mother more. It's common for sisters to have disagreements. Let her rest well and not make her illness worse. It's too hard for Aunt Li to manage the household alone."


Ouyang Ke, originally with her head bowed, upon hearing these words, felt an urge to slap Ouyang Nuan. But recalling Madam Lin's words, she steeled herself, stood up suddenly, and knelt in front of Ouyang Nuan. Facing this scene, everyone in the room was stunned. Fang Mama hurriedly led the maids out, leaving only Hongyu behind.


"Sister, today's incident was my fault. Although we're not biologically related, we grew up together since childhood. I've always treated you and brother as if you were my own siblings... Remember when brother fell into the lake? I couldn't sleep all night worrying about him." Ouyang Ke wiped her tears with a handkerchief as she spoke, then continued with a pitiful tone, "Mother genuinely loves both of you, sometimes even more than me. This time, when she heard I upset you, Mother was furious and insisted I come to apologize immediately. Plus, I felt really guilty and knew I had to come and say sorry..."


Seeing her cry with such pitiful eyes, Ouyang Nuan recalled how she had once admitted that Madam Lin had orchestrated her brother's death when she was drowning in the river. She realized they were still putting on an act to gain her trust. Her smile became even more gentle, but with a subtle hint of chilling resolve.

© translations belonging to  flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com. If you read this somewhere else instead of flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com then the translations has been posted WITHOUT permission of translator.

•••



https://ko-fi.com/flamingobeestranslations


Prev  :  TOC :  Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Novel List + Chapter Updates