ROTCGIS, Chapter One Hundred and Ninety

 FlamingoBees 

Translating Chinese Historical Dramas for your enjoyment... and mine! :)

Home    :    Novels


Rebirth of the Charming Girl in Space

 Chapter 190: 

Murong Xue's Jealousy


Murong Qing could only say, "Alright then."


Understanding that Murong Qing would feel uncomfortable staying in the main hall, Murong Lingran took her to the kitchen to help. They prepared a sumptuous lunch together.


Although she had already had a feast when she came to the house warming, Murong Qing couldn't help but salivate at the sight of braised pork, sweet and sour fish, and various other meat dishes on the table.


"Uncle, can I really eat this? And, you don't have to spend so much on me. My parents have always been calculating with you, I don't deserve to be treated like this."


Seeing her misunderstanding, Murong Zhe didn't explain and whispered, "Uncle scared you just now, don't mind. You still don't know what kind of person Uncle is? Go ahead, eat freely."


Murong Qing, seeing her uncle talking to her as gently as before, felt a slight relief in her heart. She didn't dare to ask about the things tied to his wrist. After Uncle took a bite, she started using her chopsticks.


After finishing the meal, Murong Lingran walked her to the door and instructed her, "Come over early tomorrow morning. Although I claim to pay thirty coins a day for vegetable picking, if I give all these copper coins to you, it probably won't reach your hands."


"So, I will use the excuse that you are still a child with less strength and stamina than an adult, deduct fifteen coins, meaning I'll give you fifteen coins. I will save the remaining fifteen coins for you. When you urgently need it in the future, I'll give it to you. How does that sound?"


"However, if you are willing to give all the money to your mother to support the family, I respect your decision."

© translations belonging to  flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com. If you read this somewhere else instead of flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com then the translations has been posted WITHOUT permission of translator.

Murong Qing didn't expect that her cousin Murong Lingran would help her like this. She nodded excitedly, "Cousin, I'm willing to listen to you. But you don't have to give me thirty coins. My strength is indeed small. Give me twenty coins, and I can save five coins every day. That would be enough for me."


Her eldest brother was the firstborn and had Mother to consider everything for him.


Murong Xue, two years younger than her eldest brother, would definitely have mother to consider for her once her eldest brother got married.


After arranging the marriages of her siblings, there probably wouldn't be any extra money at home for her. If she saved some money herself, it could be considered a guarantee.


Murong Lingran helplessly said, "Alright, don't be polite with your cousin. I heard from Aunt Tian that during the twenty days when I was unconscious, you secretly came to take care of me several times. Cousin remembers this favor, and now I am helping you because you did not completely abandon me."


Murong Qing's face turned slightly red, feeling a bit embarrassed. "Cousin, you know about that?"


"Yeah, so it's thirty coins."


Murong Qing no longer refused, sincerely grateful, "Thank you, Cousin. I'll go back now."


"Okay."


Murong Xue waited for Murong Qing to return but realized she stayed there for lunch.


Seeing her walking into the main hall with a joyful expression, and thinking that she was enjoying a feast at Uncle's house while she had to eat coarse food at home, Murong Xue's face twisted with jealousy. She sarcastically said, "Oh, it seems they really treat you like a daughter over there. Since that's the case, why bother coming back? Just stay there; the food at home is not as delicious as there."


"Sister, what are you talking about? They just wanted to explain to me what I'll be doing tomorrow, so it took a bit of time."


Murong Xue's face turned dark and sinister, "Do you dare say you didn't eat well over there?"


Uncle's house has to have leftovers from the housewarming yesterday, so there must be a lot of delicious food today. "Murong Qing, do you still see mother and me in your eyes? Are you only concerned about yourself? You're simply unfilial!"

© translations belonging to  flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com. If you read this somewhere else instead of flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com then the translations has been posted WITHOUT permission of translator.

•••


https://ko-fi.com/flamingobeestranslations


Prev   :   Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Novel List + Chapter Updates