ROTCGIS, Chapter One Hundred and Thirty Three

 FlamingoBees 

Translating Chinese Historical Dramas for your enjoyment... and mine! :)

Home    :    Novels


Rebirth of the Charming Girl in Space

 Chapter 133: 

More Than One Fool


Potatoes were not only high-yielding but also nutritious. They could be used as both the main course and a side dish.


She started planting them now, storing them for the future. Not only could she take them out to plant later, but in case of emergencies like the previous flood, she could use them.


There were quite a few sprouting potato pieces in the space, bought in the 21st century. She could plant them directly.


Considering this obedient girl, Longqi Shenjun readily agreed, "Okay."


With a positive reply, Mourong Lingran selected a type of vegetable seeds and left the space with a bottle of them.


With two more people in the family, many things needed to be purchased. So, early the next morning, the whole family went to the city to check how the custom-made furniture was coming along.

© translations belonging to  flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com. If you read this somewhere else instead of flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com then the translations has been posted WITHOUT permission of translator.

Things that were inconvenient to carry were bought later. Therefore, the family first arrived at Uncle He's courtyard. When they approached, they heard a man's voice from inside.


The man said, "Dad, you said you don't have money, but how could you take on apprentices if you didn't have money?"


Uncle He retorted angrily, "Humph, I take on apprentices because I want to. What's it to you!"


The man continued, "Dad, since you have money, just give me a little. I'm in urgent need."


"Urgent? What urgent matter? Didn't you just want to drink flower wine? I raised you with so much effort, helped you buy land, build a house, and find a wife for you."


"And when I was sick and returned, asking you to take care of me, you actually found a quack doctor to treat me. When you heard I was beyond saving, you and your wife actually threw me into your sister's house who had already married."


"Fortunately, your sister's brother-in-law is not heartless like you. He treated me well despite the pressure from his mother-in-law, or else would you still be able to see me now? Would you still be able to come asking me for money?"


"You really disappoint me. Your mother brought you and your sister when she married me. Not long after, she ran away. I pitied you both, ignored the opposition of relatives, and carefully raised you. But what did you do? How did you repay me?"


"If I had known, I should have thrown you away back then. Even raising a dog understands gratitude better than you!"


"I have no blood relationship with you two siblings. I settled both of your lifelong matters, and now, I have fulfilled the role of a stepfather. Let me tell you, from now on, we have no relationship! You won't get a single copper coin from me! You're not qualified to come asking me for money!"


Listening to Uncle He scolding him, the man didn't get angry at all. He licked his face and smiled, "Dad, I didn't mean it. I didn't know he was a quack doctor. My wife is pregnant, and I was afraid seeing a dead person would affect the child in her belly. We had no choice."


"Dead person?" Uncle He got even angrier upon hearing this. He didn't expect that he would be called a dead person before actually dying. "Don't fool me there. Let me tell you, even if I have money in the future, I'll only give it to your sister. Right now, get out immediately!"


Uncle He, Mourong Lingran, sighed while listening to the conversation inside and shook her head. It turned out there was more than one fool in this world.


"Dad, I really have no other way but to come and beg you. Can you give me a little? I promise this is the last time. Can you?"


"No, I can't!"


Seemingly helpless, the man glanced to the side, and upon seeing the new dressing table, his eyes widened in surprise. "Dad, did you make this furniture yourself?"


Surveying the courtyard, he realized that the style of all the furniture was completely different from the original ones.

© translations belonging to  flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com. If you read this somewhere else instead of flamingobeestranslations.blogspot.com then the translations has been posted WITHOUT permission of translator.

•••


https://ko-fi.com/flamingobeestranslations


Prev   :   Next

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Novel List + Chapter Updates